“An unintended consequence of digital technology is the dissemination and theft of identities, ideas and designs…Proving ownership of IP is the foundation of protecting it; and the ACID IP Tracker provides unequivical dated evidence for files in digital transit – simply, efficiently and effectively” Sebastian Conran
How does it work – in a nutshell?
ACID IP Tracker is a simple, cost effective, ACID branded electronic process of tracking delivery of intellectual property (IP) led and confidential information. The IP Tracker is open to both ACID members (£3.50 per sending) and non-members (5.00 per sending). ACID members will still need to register to use the service. Learn more…
- Register your details if you are a new IP Tracker user or login if you have previously registered with the service. Please note your login name will appear on the recipients email.
- Put in the e-mail address of the recipient
- Add the files you wish to send. Please note that all of the files added to be sent to one recipient will be added to ONE zip file (e.g. if you add 5 files, the basket will reflect only 1 item). The ACID IP Tracker supports all file formats but there is a recommended limit of 12MB per zip file
- Once you have selected send you will be redirected to “My Basket” where you can view the files you have added and add your ACID membership number as appropriate. It costs £3.50 to send to one recipient for ACID Members and £5.00 for non-members. When you are ready to send select “Checkout”
- When re-directed to the Paypal site either log in to your Paypal account or make a credit/debit card payment using the form on the left if you do not have a Paypal account. Please note that we do not accept Paypal e-cheques
When your file is sent to the recipient a copy of the e-mail goes to ACID and is kept on our system. ACID IP Tracker automatically sends an acknowledgement of delivery via email to the sender. By downloading the content, the recipient confirms their acceptance of the terms of agreement under which the file has been sent.
“I fully support ACID’s efforts to help protect Intellectual Property in the Digital age. The ACID IP Tracker is an excellent and easy to use means of securely presenting Designs to new clients” Damian Evans of Damian Evans Design Ltd
“I think that this is a great idea that is easy to use and priced at a cost affordable to all designers wishing to protect their IP.” Jennifer Castoldi of Trendease International
“An unintended consequence of digital technology is the dissemination & theft of identities, ideas and designs… Proving ownership of IP is the foundation of protecting it; and the ACID IP Tracker provides unequivocal dated evidence for files in digital transit – simply, efficiently and effectively” Sebastian Conran, Designer and ACID Ambassador
Furniture designer John Coleman said on the launch of the ACID IP Tracker, “ACID has provided a simple, easy to use electronic sending service which underpins the user’s IP Rights without appearing threatening or unattractive to a potential client or collaborator.” John Coleman, John Coleman Design